Android Pie is the latest version of Android that Google has released and can be downloaded and experienced on Pixel, Pixel, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices. Here will guide you in detail how to install Android 9 Pie for the latest Google Pixel.
After months of testing in beta, Google finally released Android 9, called Android Pie. And of course, the first devices to eat are Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. If you’re using one of these devices, here’s how you can get the fastest Android 9 pie setup.
Option 1: Install Android 9 Pie via OTA update:
This way there is no problem to say, simply go to Settings -> System -> System update and select Check for update. Updates to Android 9 Pie will be automatically downloaded to your device. Once it’s downloaded, you install it and reboot it and you get Android P for the experience.
Option 2 : Install Android 9 Pie for Google Pixel via Flash ROM
- File ROM Android Pie for Google Pixel: Download
- Pixel phones support Android Pie and have unlocked the bootloader
- Computers with Android SDK running ADB and Fastboot here).
- Turn on the Developer menu (on About Phone -> 7 tap on Build Number).
- Go to Developer options -> enable USB debugging and OEM unlock.
- Plug your phone into the computer with a USB cable.
- On your computer, go to the folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ android \ sdk \ platform-tools, right-click and select Open command window here (If using macOS or Linux, look for the platform directory name. -tools, open terminal and enter cd … to that directory).
- In the CMD or Terminal window, enter adb reboot bootloader to boot into bootloader mode (if the computer asks for authentication, select Yes).
- When booting into bootloader, enter fastboot flashing unlock.
- The confirmation screen pops up. Press the volume up button on the phone (select to Yes), then press the power button to confirm.
- Once the unlock is complete, the device enters bootloader mode. On the computer, enter fastboot reboot to finish.
Install Android Pie for Google Pixel:
Follow the steps carefully. If the wrong machine will encounter unexpected error.
- Step 1: Put your phone into bootloader mode. On the computer using 7zip to extract the .tgz file has just downloaded. Once it has been unpacked, it will have a .tar file, which will continue to extract it to a directory with files inside.
- Step 2: Copy all the files in the folder you just unzipped to C:\Program Files(x86)\ Android \ android-sdk \ platform-tools (on Linux or MacOS, find the platform-tools directory name).
- Step 3: There are two files named flash-all but different format. If using Windows, double-click to open flash-all.bat, while Linux or macOS will open flash-all.sh.
- Step 4: The pop up window shows that Android Pie is currently installed. Note do not disconnect the phone during this process
- Step 5: Once done, the device will restart and you can experience Android Pie now.